The history, and origins of the Church windows illustrate the personal and communal values of past congregations.
The two windows in the south wall of the south transept are the Memorial Windows to the first Minister of the church, the Rev. James M. Crawford who was inducted on 3rd December 1908, and was a much beloved Minister until his sudden death in 1927.
The Windows and Memorial Tablet were unveiled and dedicated on 17th September 1929 (the service was conducted by, the then Moderator of the Church of Scotland, the Right Reverend Joseph Mitchell D.D.).
The subject of one window is St. John the Baptist — the forerunner of Christ and the Preacher of the word. He is depicted standing by the waters of Jordon. Above him there is an angel with the Pascal lamb and the roses of love. These are divided from the central figure by the quotation “Behold the Lamb of God”. Below the central figure of St. John there appears a shell, which is the symbol of Baptism. In the base of the window there is the text: “He that loveth not, knoweth not God”.
The subject of the other window is St. Paul, the most notable of Christian Missionaries, and expounder of the faith. He is seen holding in his right hand the emblem indicating the Sword of the Spirit. Above this central figure there is St. Nicholas, with the quotation “Give yourselves to fasting and prayer” which describes the life of St. Nicholas, whose austerities were conspicuous as a hermit of St. Augustine. The lilies suggest the appearance of the virgin to him, while the bell in his hand, the star-tipped staff and the chalice, are emblems of holy communion. Below St. Paul there is a boat, indicating his voyages by sea. In the base of this window, the text is:- “A good soldier of Jesus Christ”.