The history, and origins of the Church windows illustrate the personal and communal values of past congregations.
The third window in the North wall of the Nave in the church was gifted by the late John S Macdonald in memory of his wife - Mrs. Isabella F Macdonald.
The window was unveiled by her sister-in-law, Mrs. Hood and dedicated by the Rev W Humphrey Hamilton on 25th November 1979.
Mrs. Isabella Macdonald is remembered as a lady who went about doing a very great deal of good ever so quietly, She was also a member of the Women’s Guild which also gave her an outlet for further helping people.
It was from this that the artist (G. Mailes of Canterbury) linked the life of Mrs. Macdonald with that of St. Elizabeth of Hungary who devoted much of her life (1207-1231) to prayer and works of charity.
St Elizabeth is shown wearing a crown and carrying a basket of roses. This latter emblem refers to an occasion when, as she was taking food in a large basket to the poor, she was stopped by her husband who had become irritated by what he regarded as her wasteful habits. When the basket was opened, all that the husband saw was a mass of roses which finally convinced him of the value of her work.
The circle at the top of the window is based upon the coat of arms
of Northern Rhodesia (now Zambia) and depicts an eagle in flight
holding a fish in its talons and hovering above the Victoria Falls.
Mr. & Mrs. Macdonald spent a considerable part of their lives in Northern Rhodesia where Mr. Macdonald was engaged in the hydro-electric generation industry.